Confession:
I don’t quite know how to behave.
New found confidence,
Conflicting with principles of modesty and the need to conceal.
Reveal or not reveal?
A woman at ease and comfortable in her own skin is mesmerising. She catches the eyes of others, and makes those around her comfortable too.
It’s powerful.
To exude confidence, and attract the gaze.
And so comes the clash with my desire to preserve and protect my modesty.
The end product being a girl using awkwardness to distract attention from her form to avoid the guilt associated with it.
Have I been socialised to be ashamed?
Of the parts of me that distract?
Saturday, 22 September 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The world is certainly a far more mystical place than what the eyes perceive. But that mysticism isn't for us. For we have been warn...
Popular Posts
-
This has been a year of huge personal growth for me. Challenging the barriers that I have grown up with, the barriers that I have placed on ...
-
She hugs me tightly, soothing away my own worries, my own sadness. When her own consumes her. How is this possible? To dig into empty poc...
-
There are so many ways to live a life and so many of those are terrible. Its the small decisions we make, seemingly insignificant, yet th...
No comments:
Post a Comment